It’s nearly impossible to go through your day without using a touch interface of some sort. Your phone, your tablet, the ATM, even my Mom’s new oven has a touch interface. Will we see our laptop and desktop computers cross over to the touch realm as well? Though it seems inevitable, David Pogue makes the case in Scientific American as to Why Touch Screens Will Not Take Over.
- MX 2013, Managing Experience: March 3-4, 2013
- Going beyond just the “user experience,” the MX conference delves deep into total customer experience ecosystem with an A-list of speakers and a few intensives. Where is that spare $1,995 and a plane ticket to San Francisco I’ve been looking for? Learn More: http://mxconference.com/ Read more – ‘MX 2013, Managing Experience: March 3-4, 2013’.
- Denver Service Jam: March 1-3, 2013
- Really excited to be participating in the 1st annual (I believe) Denver Service Jam the weekend of March 1st. I’m hoping to connect with other folks interested in Service Design, UX and creative collaboration. Part of the Global Service Jam weekend, collaborators from all over the globe will gather to use a “design-based approach to problem solving and [...] Read more – ‘Denver Service Jam: March 1-3, 2013’.
- IXDA 2013: Social Innovation with Impact – January 27 – 31 2013
- Now at the decade mark, the annual interaction design conference IXDA heads to Toronto the week of January 27, 2013. With a good mix of what’s now and what’s next, this looks be to both practical and thought provoking. Learn more about Interaction13. Read more – ‘IXDA 2013: Social Innovation with Impact – January 27 – 31 2013’.
- DMI 2013: Designing the Next Economy – April 23-25, 2013
- Have a few spare Euros laying around and a hankering for tapas? Head to Madrid this April for Design Management Institute’s annual conference to rub elbows with creative leaders across business, healthcare and education. A mere €1250 plus airfare and lodging gets you in. Yeah, I can’t afford it either but you can always wait for [...] Read more – ‘DMI 2013: Designing the Next Economy – April 23-25, 2013’.
Who is Jason Grant?
A curious UX Designer of 10 years, I've decided to look beyond the interaction design world and explore areas of design strategy, innovation, sustainability and bettering human kind. Read more in my About section.